- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: GNUnification
- From: tb@MIT.EDU (Thomas Bushnell, n/BSG)
- Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:31:08 -0400
- Message-id: <199807011531.LAA21872@steve-dallas.MIT.EDU>
- In-reply-to: Matthew Wilcox's message of Wed, 1 Jul 1998 14:40:59 +0100 (BST) <199807011341.OAA26640@odie.barnet.ac.uk>
From: Matthew Wilcox <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 14:40:59 +0100 (BST)
UMSDOS is a hideous system. I'm currently working on code which will
allow Linux to drop support for it altogether. Basically, it's far
superior to use a file on an MS-DOS filesystem as a device on which you
create an ext2 filesystem. Hopefully I can sneak this code in under
the 2.1 codefreeze (since UMSDOS has major problems in the development
kernels) but I've been far too busy recently.
Well, the Hurd version will just present a fairly vanilla look at the
DOS filesystem, and not try and make all the Unix semantics appear.
Perhaps that's called something different in Linux; I'm probably
confusing two different things here.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com