Re: xterminal alternatives.

From: Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org>
Subject: Re: xterminal alternatives.
Date: 30 Jun 1998 15:08:40 -0700

che> >>>>> "Rob" == Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:
che>
che>     Rob> Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> writes:
che>     >> If we use update-alternatives, we'll have an easy way to set
che>     >> the default X terminal program in the future. I like that idea
che>     >> a lot more than forcing the user to add entries to a text file.
che>
che>     Rob> The only difficulty with update-alternatives is that it can't
che>     Rob> be used per-user.  Can the other scheme?  Do we care?
che>
che> Hmm, good point. I would think we don't care; there's no way to change
che> the menus files per-user, either.

Not to make x-terminal alternatives is nothing to do with the menu system.
We can select any X terminal program by writing in  menu.h even if making
x-terminal alternatives.

----
Masato Taruishi <taruis-m@jed.uec.ac.jp> | University of Electro Comunications
                <taru@debian.or.jp>      |   Department of Computer Science
                <taruisma@sunicom.co.jp> |              Junior
http://www.sunicom.co.jp/~taruisma/      |    Shiroi Town Chiba Pref, JAPAN
   Key fingerprint = 49 46 74 E1 8D D1 EB 56  8D CA 2A 20 14 9E A9 25