Re: DSFG Explanation for non-free packages?

Hi,
>>"Alex" ==   <aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu> writes:

 >> I like this idea allot. This could perform a number of functions.
 Alex> I don't.

 >> as I said I like this idea....but...I think this is really
 >> important for development libraries. I would hate to be writting a
 >> program and suddenly find out that the library i was using was
 >> non-free..and have to go back and choose a new library and fix it
 >> all.

 Alex> Yeah? But I hate to use a library and find out that it is GPL'd
 Alex> and thus requires me to put a license on the software *I*
 Alex> create which I don't want.  Would you be willing to put such a
 Alex> warining next to every GPL'd library?

	OK, Alex, next round between us. The distinction is: non-free
 and contrib *ARE NOT PART OF DEBIAN*.  GPL libraries *ARE PART OF DEBIAN*.

	We are asking for files that explain why those packages do NOT
 belong to debian, and yet are still on the ftp mirror.

	manoj
 who wonders whether he should really get a megaphone and scream in
 peoples ears
--
 Blinded indeed is this world. Few are those who see the truth. Like a
 bird breaking out of the net, few are those who go to heaven. 174