Re: New web pages are finally up!

Marcelo wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 1998 at 12:24:28AM -0400, James A.Treacy wrote:
>
> Jay, do you think it's worth content-negotiate the site sponsor logo? There
> are some sponsors who would like to have logos in english and, say, spanish.
> Content-negotiation applies to all the content, not just the html files...

This is actually up to the individual mirror sites. I simply provide a template
for the sponsor page and a possible sponsor image. The mirror can choose
to turn off mirroring the samples provided and replace them with anything
they like.

As I discovered after putting the pages up, content negotation can get an
image confused with an .html file (people.gif was being returned instead
of people.html). As I did in that case, I'll rename the image.
The image will become sponsor.logo.jpg and the link will point to sponsor.logo.
Sites can then create sponsor.logo.jpg.{en,de,...}.

To avoid breaking the mirrors using their own logo, the mirror maintainers will
have to make some changes before I change this on master. If past experience
holds, this could take a few months. :(

Jay Treacy