Re: 2.0-beta CD Image mirror sites ?

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Could those of you who have grabbed, or are intending to grab the cd images
> from www.uk.debian.org, and then offer them for anon access, please mail me,
> so I can add your sites to the list of mirrors.
>
> For more info about how to grab them from www.uk see this:
>
>   http://www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/
>
> We could do with some sites in the USA (remember to skip the
>
>   non-us-non-free.raw
>
> image though ;-)
>
> Cheers, Phil.

In what formats are those images provided?
It would be nice to download the image in parts including md5sums and
to have some additional error correction chunks like ras provides.

I know that it would multiply the size requirements if various chunk
sizes are provided, but maybe one could make a small programm to
download a chunk of a given size. The programm would then split up the
image and send the respective chunk, similar to what split does, but
with a parameter for which chunk one wants.

May the Source be with you.
			Mrvn