ftp.debian.org mirror chokes

I've been having some access problems with ftp.debian.org, which I am
certain are caused by everyone wanting to get the new hamm asap.

The problem is that the session gets started, and downloads some files,
but eventually will get kicked out for too many users (when switching from
one package to the other, I suppose...I run several packages together in
one session). I am using anonymous, just like everyone else. Is there a
better way to run the mirror, like a mirror login?

Assuming that there is a better site for doing this, what is it?

I can eventually get everything I need, if I'm patient and stay on top of
the problem, but I would like this to be less "work" ;-) The main reason I
stay clear of automated processes comes from experiences like this one.

Waiting is,

Dwarf