Re: Hamm Beta: Delay #1

> Thanks.  From looking at your log, as I expected, the problem occurs
> when you try to install emacs20 and cvs-pcl simultaneously.  This is
> because elib is not being properly "configured" (by the emacsen-common
> script) before cvs-pcl.  This is a bug, but I'm worried about having
> time to fix it before the hamm release.

Just to be sure I understand...  emacs20 has to be configured before
cvs-pcl is _installed_ or before cvs-pcl is _configured_?

> I do know what needs to be done (emacsen-common needs to depend on
> pkg-order and needs to use it to determine the install/remove script
> order).
>
> Brian, what's your take on this?  It could conceivably affect a number
> of emacsen installs depending on the particular combination of emacsen
> add-on packages selected.  I was of the opinion that this could wait
> for slink, but now that I can see more clearly that this could break a
> *bunch* of installs/upgrades (depending on what the user selects) I'm
> not so sure...

Since you're unfamiliar with pkg-order, it sounds like starting to use
it could be a source of other problems.  I'd rather avoid that.

What is the fix if it breaks?  Can somebody just do

	dpkg --configure emacs20 cvs-pcl

once the rest of the install is finished?

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )