RFC: worth packaging apache-modperl ?

Since the dynamic version of mod_perl is quite broken right now (I
believe Jules advised the perl maintainer of the problems; loading
dynamic shared objects from another DSO reults in a few undeclared
symbols from libperl.a - I'm guessing somehow the lowest level module
can't see them, and don't know what to do about it) I've been
considering packaging something called apache-modperl which would be
exactly identical to apache but have mod_perl compiled in statically.
It would Provide: apache.  Any comments?

Agreed, it's an ugly hack, but it may be a while before this issue is
resolved and I have received several messages which suggest people want
a mod_perl solution fairly promptly.  This would beat each user trying
to compile it into apache themselves, certainly.

Dan