Re: Compiling stuff for frozen with g++272 ?

On Fri, Jun 12, 1998 at 03:54:57PM +0200, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> Now I don't know: When I recompile the package using the official g++ 2.90
> / libstdc++ 2.80 combo, this may introduce new bugs, therefore I'm sure
> Brian won't allow this to go into frozen.

IIRC, at least one package has been fixed this way and accepted into frozen.
Personally, I'd prefer maintainers to use the up to date g++ package with
matching lib.

> The alternative is faking an build environment that installs g++272 as c++

Not necessary. g++272 installs it's driver binary as `g++272'; just make
sure you pass that to the build process (e.g. via CXX).

> and uses libstdc++272.

This is a possibility too. It's not one that has my preference.

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,