Re: Packages Removed from Hamm (!)

> It isn't clear from your message whether Bdale is the package maintainer,
> or is he the one who submitted the bug report?
>
> The question was about notifying the person who submitted the bug, not the
> package maintainer.

Ahhh, my misunderstanding.  I just assumed that James was the maintainer
in the original message and continued with that same assumption through his
last email.

Personally, I don't think it's the submitters responseablity to monitor
the state of the bug, severity or otherwise.  Submitters often have a
highly biased view of the bug since it is quite obviously affecting them.

If I (simple developer hat on here) submit a bug as "important" and the
maintainer or the distribution maintainer decides it is otherwise, I
should respect that.  It is, after all, the "maintainers job".  Trust
them to do it.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )