Re: Username length inconsistencies.

miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) writes:

> So 10 is definitely safe, but I don't know what would happen with -say -
> 25 character usernames. Oh, and for fun, try a username with a "." in
> it. It will break a lot of things unsuspectedly ..

Well, I'm still a little worried about other programs like repquota
that print the name in a 10 column field (10 actually jams it up
against the next column, so you can't extract the name with a simple
whitespace delimited regex), and I imagine that other programs still
expect 8, so I guess it might be best to stick with 8 for now...

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>