Re: Packages Removed from Hamm (!)

> > cwnn              20539  Overlap between cwnn, wnn, and kwnn [50]  (Keita Maehara <maehara@debian.org>)
> > kwnn              20539  Overlap between cwnn, wnn, and kwnn [50]  (Keita Maehara <maehara@debian.org>)
> > wnn               20539  Overlap between cwnn, wnn, and kwnn [50]  (Keita Maehara <maehara@debian.org>)
>
> This bug was reported by me as a normal bug.  Someone made it 'grave' without
> giving a reason, and you set it to 'important' after that.  Why?  None
> of the other overlaps are 'important', because we will release dpkg
> with --force-overwrite set by default.

I have no idea who set it to grave or why.  You should have gotten mail
sent to you when the severity was changed, though.

It's still a problem, even with "--force-overwrite" set.  For example, if
you install one, then another, then remove the first you won't have the
duplicated files any more.

> I suspect that these packages are orphaned, however.  That might be
> reason enough to remove them.  Hamm is too large anyway :)

Okay, I'll leave them on the "remove" list.

> > dhcp-client-beta  19767  dhcp-client-beta has no /usr/doc directory [66]  (Christoph Lameter <clameter@fuller.edu>)
>
> There is already a bug open against ftp.debian.org, requesting that this
> package be removed.

Okay.

> > javalex           16652  javalex: bad dependencies [135]  (Michael Fletcher <zidj@geocities.com>)
>
> Moving it to contrib will fix this, so it's an ftp.debian.org problem.
> I'm reassigning it.

Okay.  I'll take it off the list.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )