Re: Size of a du index for packages (Complete index = 74 K)

Hi,
>>"Jules" == Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

 Jules> More serious problem, though, manoj, is symlinks.

	I see you have not read the checkdu script I posted, or tried
 it out. What the script does is that it reads /etc/mtab to get the
 mounted partitions. Then it does a stat on each dir to get the dev_t
 field.

	So, symlinks are *NOT* a problem. (I would not have presented
 a solution here which did not even address the obvious smlink issue)

	manoj
--
 "After one week [visiting Austria] I couldn't wait to go back to the
 United States.  Everything was much more pleasant in the United