Re: Debian development modem (was The broken libjpeg-6b is in RH 5.1)

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> On Wed, May 27, 1998 at 11:41:20AM -0400, Kenneth.Scharf@coulter.com wrote:

> > If there is a detailed enough how-to doc showing how I could upgrade
> > (safely) from 1.3.1 to hamm (you bet your ascii my entire linux partition
> > will be backed up to my DCC drive first!) I might try it IF someone might
> > burn me  CD-R's of hamm as I can't stay up all night with the 28.8 modem to
> > try it.
>
> Try http://taz.net.au/autoup/  There ia a description on how to upgrade
> from bo to hamm.

I plan on writing up a FAQ, when I get the time (yeah, right), of how the
testing team has been doing installs and upgrades without problems.

> > Anyway I would gladly trade some blank CD-R media(2 or 3 for 1?) plus
> > postage, plus something for your trouble for a beta CD-R copy of hamm.
>
> Perhaps you should try to join the testing team then?  Contact Dale at
> dwarf@polaris.net if you're interested.

Actually, contact me first.  Let me know what you can do, what hardware
you have, and what versions of debian you are already running.  I'll send
you some startup info and make sure you are added to the list.  Dale is
the person to talk to about CD's though.  Hopefully, with his work, we
will have an offical bug free cd on the first try :-)

Brandon <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>