Re: dpkg bug? (regarding smartlist)

On Mon, May 25, 1998 at 04:29:21PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > Better would be something like this:
> >
> > [ snipped ]
>
> Yes, maybe better for the preinst, but don't worry, I don't actually plan
> to modify preinst to modify anything. I think I'll warn our kind users
> in debian-user.

There are users not on debian-user who will not benefit from this info.  And
the new ver won't install right for them to view the readme.  This looks
like a case of you needing to fix the problem if old versions used hardlinks
or if not to at least warn them about the problems and bomb gracefully.  =>