Re: Pine...again

On Sun, 24 May 1998, Christopher Jason Morrone wrote:

> Could we just have a package that includes the pine-bin.linux pre-compiled
> binary from the washington site, and distribute that?  Or do we consider
> this a "derivative" work as well?
Um,  well,  that depends partially on whether or not that precompiled
binary is libc6,  and whether it keeps it's files in the right locations,
etc....

Maybe this is already the case,  but wouldn't it make sense for the
pine-whatever.deb to just include the source and a preinst script that
actually ran the build,  and the installed the resulting binary?

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |