Re: Proposal and call for participation, Linux Standard Base Project

  Shaya>  The only problem is, debian is way too big.  In order to make a
  Shaya> real base, it has to be developed from the start to only be a base.
  Shaya> i.e. include all the important utilities, and provide a policy for
  Shaya> others to follow, but not be a full fledged dist.

Huh ?

I fail to see why all of that cannot be accomplished using 'essential' and
'required' packaged.

As it has been said before: there are reason why this might be done within
Debian. We already _are_ the Open Forum which Bruce tries to create. And we
have a proven track record. And a few missed deadlines ;-)

I'd be in favour of (re-)defining a Debian 'core', doing it _really_ well,
and offering it to the rest of the world.

--
mailto:edd@debian.org              According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd      43% of all statistics are totally worthless.