Re: Uploaded junkbuster 2.0-1 (source i386) to master

On 19 May 1998, Darren/Torin/Who Ever... wrote:

> > junkbuster (2.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
> > .
> >   * default port set to 8080 as to not conflict with NAS
> >   * maintainer release
>
> Yes, I realize that this has been discussed recently.  I just wanted to
> put in my two cents.
>
> I haven't quite gotten around to evaluating junkbuster yet.  I just
> haven't had time.  But with a default port of 8080 I'll probably delay
> it longer.  That's where I run my test apache servers.  Admittedly, I
> could tell probably tell junkbuster to use a different port but it won't
> be as easy.  8000 and 8080 aren't well-known ports in the standards
> sense but many people do use them for web servers...

junkbuster is a web proxy, so it is reasonably legetimate for it to be
running there.  OTOH, do you really want a private proxy server on a
(reasonably) well-known port?

I can understand leaving NAS to have port 8000, since it apparently
claimed it first.

--
Scott K. Ellis <storm@gate.net>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/