Re: Apt can't find my non-us?

On Sat, 16 May 1998, Zed Pobre wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP DECRYPTED MESSAGE-----
>     The situation is such:  I have a local mirror of binary hamm on my
> hard disk, and have placed non-us on the same tier as
> hamm/contrib/non-free.  The line in sources.list is:
>
> deb file:/debian frozen main contrib non-free non-us
>
>     Apt can find the packages file from all four:
>
> moebius:/debian/hamm/non-us/binary-i386# apt-get update
> Get file:/debian/ frozen/contrib Packages
> Get file:/debian/ frozen/main Packages
> Get file:/debian/ frozen/non-free Packages
> Get file:/debian/ frozen/non-us Packages
> Updating package file cache...done
> Updating package status cache...done
> Checking system integrity...ok
>
>     but it can't actually install packages out of non-us.  The contrib,
> main and non-free sections work perfectly.  The error I get:
>
> ERROR file:/debian/hamm/binary-i386/fortify_1.2.1-2.deb
>   Unable to stat /debian/hamm/binary-i386/fortify_1.2.1-2.deb No such
> file or directory
>
>     Have I done something wrong, or is this a bug I should file against
> apt?

You used the packages file from the non-us FTP site, you can't do that
with the specification you placed in the sources.list. The packages file
from the non-us FTP site has the wrong File: locations.

You need to put the non-us stuff in a subdir called hamm/binary-i386 and
you need to use the special syntax in the source list to make it point
there. Alternatively you could edit the package file to correct the
locations.

Jason