Re: MkNod question

And thus spake The Gecko, on Thu, May 14, 1998 at 02:48:33PM -0700:
> This is probably not the right place but I avoid news groups, mostly because of
> the sheer time-sink.... and I'm not sure many people in Debian User's list would
> know this...
>
> I've been playing around with mknod... is there a comprehensive list of the the
> major and minor device numbers...??  is there a way to find the device numbers
> of a given device?

Grab a kernel source tree...check linux/Documentation/devices.txt.
(if you've already got a kernel-source tree unpacked, look in /usr/src/
linux/Documentation).

--
Elie Rosenblum <erosenbl at nyx.net>That is not dead which can eternal lie,
     <fnord at cosanostra.net>   And with strange aeons even death may die.