Experience updating bo->hamm

I decided to update my machine to Hamm yesterday. I downloaded the
CDROM image yesterday and went for the update. I noted the following
problems:

To avoid the known problems with teTeX - I removed those packages first.

a) autoup.sh on the CD is out of date already... I downloaded version
0.25 from http://www.taz.net.au/autoup/

b) It is confusing to have conflicts in the Required section.
e2fsprogs, comerr2g, ss2g are all required - but you cannot install them
all together. Perhaps ss2g and comerr2g do not belong in the required
section.

c) I updated all packages - I may have caused confusion by trying to
select comerr2g as I thought it was required - so had to run multiple
passes of install until the conflicts were properly resolved.

d) The CDROM boots - I did not try any options - I will try to see if the
rescue option gets me anywhere tonight.

e) I updated my non-free and contrib software using ftp. Only package I
did not see is kermit. (old binary still works though).

In general - not such a bad process. I think (b) above will cause the most
confusion for most people.

	Ezra