Re: on forming a new Linux Distribution

kaih@khms.westfalen.de (Kai Henningsen) writes:

> goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de (Brederlow)  wrote on 07.05.98 in <[🔎] q9iunimdrc.fsf@fphp16.tphys.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>:
>
> > "Rev. Joseph Carter" <knghtbrd@icarus2.dyn.ml.org> writes:
> >
> > > [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]

> > > There isn't really.
> >
> > Apart from flames one will get from Debian developers for using their
> > work, especially when selling the distribution. And you get quite a
> > lot.
>
> What are you talking about?
>
> Debian developers certainly _expect_ people to sell the distribution.
> That's why we make "official" CD images available.

I'm not talking about official images.  I'm working with the Eagle
Group, which produces the Eagle Linux m68k (a Debian based
distribution) and we got far to many flames (for our liking) for
makeing a userfriendly Debian System. Its only from a few people, so I
guess its not at all Debians view (if such a thing exists at all), but
their personal opinion.

A deb Package(s) and install disk image of our work is currently under
construction for i386. I hope the other Debian maintainer take up our
work more welcome than some m68k guys have.

May the Source be whith you.
			Mrvn