Re: Lynx-SSL

[Please retain the Cc: lalo@webcom.com]

I hate to quote in the end, but I couldn't manage to cut
anything from your reply...

Actually, it happens that people were concerned about a
personal letter; PGP and other crypto code were all exported as
books.

On May 11, jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl decided to present us with:

> On Sun, May 10, 1998 at 12:23:20PM -0300, Lalo Martins wrote:
> > it comes without a copyright notice; when I found the author, turned out
> > he's in US. I posted to debian-devel asking if it would be legal for him
> > to snail-mail me the sources on paper [which he offered to do]; there
> > wasn't a conclusive reply,
>
> That's probably because noone on -devel is an expert on legal issues.
> However, given that PGP was exported this way, and that other crypto source
> code (e.g. in Bruce Schneier 's "Applied Cryptography" book) has been
> exported from the US on paper, and that the export limitations on crypto
> code are about code "in computer readable form", the chances of getting into
> legal troubles as a result of exporting crypto code through printouts are
> fairly low.
>
> #include <Disclaimer/I'm not a lawyer; use your own judgment wrt this advice>

[]s,
                                               +----
--
   Howling to the moonlight on a hot summer night...
                 pgp key in the web page

Free Software Union       --       http://www.fslu.org