Re: Critical bplay bug ignored?

Previously John Goerzen wrote:
> Is anybody working on this?  Is bplay orphaned?  Is Wichert still with
> Debian?

To answer your question: no. almost. yes.
I once exchanged a couple of email with the upstream maintainer in which
he said he would take over the package when he released a new version.
A short while after did he released a new version but never reported that.

IMHO the code desperately needs a major rewrite: the ideas are nice, the
code is not.

If you want to take this package over, you're welcome. I don't have the
time to do anything about it except fix packaging errors.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl