Re: Intention to package x11amp

  BG> One question: x11amp uses the real-time functions of Linux (and
  BG> sounds much better) if it's installed suid-root, but there are
  BG> unknown holes that this opens up. Should I use suidmanager and
  BG> make it suid?

I would say to register it with suidmanager, leave it non-suid by
default, and place a notice somewhere that if performance is an issue,
it may be made setuid through suidregister. On my K6-200, the CPU time
it takes up is pretty negligible, although I understand it may be an
issue on lesser machines :)

However, since it does not come with source, my opinion is that
leaving it suid by default would be irresponsible of us as a
distribution, especially since it is not necessary for proper
functioning of the program.

-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/