Re: Alive?

James Troup wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are you alive?  I think Santiago is having evil ideas about hijacking
> packages.
>
> --
> James

I _am_ alive...just barely.  Unfortunately, it looks like a) most of my
mail for the past month ended up in the bit bucket, and b) I'm no longer
going to have time to maintain all the packages I've been maintaining
even after the dust settles.

I've managed to improve things, though.  I've currently got my neglected
micron account forwarding to work, as does my debian.org account, which
means people will be able to reach me again.  I'm going to try to get
permission to use my work machine for occasional development tasks,
which will help conserve my scarce time resources.  (Since we use Debian
in our product, that shouldn't be hard.)

I have a recent list of critical bugs, and I'll try to shoot down the
ones with my name on 'em no later than this weekend.  That includes the
perl version of update-passwd.  I'll try to fix whatever other bugs of
significance I can before hamm comes out.

After that, I'm not sure.  My next major project is getting the
latest-and-greatest upstream ncurses packaged for our post-hamm release.
(Does it have a name yet?)  I'd like to continue maintaining gcc,
although I'm not sure if I can.  I may just maintain egcs and pass all
competing versions off to other maintainers.

I'll have a clearer view of things next week.  In the meantime, I'll try
to fix bugs.

--Galen