Re: Packages marked as Obsolete

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> On Mon, May 04, 1998 at 09:44:41AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	While we are talking about obsolete packages, what is the
> >  story on these? I mean, I would not like to just remove all the
> >  picons packages (why are they marked obsolete)? What about ckermit?
> >  How many of these are actually obsolete, and how many just have been
> >  yanked from hamm?
> >
> >  *** sound    Opt gom-x        0.29.10-1.1 <none>
>
> The maintainer has posted something abuot this a few days ago.

 I uploaded version 0.29.10-3 (including packages gom, gom-x) to
unstable, frozen yesterday. Thus, gom-x should soon dissappear
from the "obsolete" section.
 Btw: It actually has been "yanked from hamm", and is -- of course ;)
-- not obsolete. The new version fixes bugs even in gom_0.29.10-1.1.deb
(which was not yanked...), so I decided to upload all to frozen.

MfG,

--Stephan
o-----------------------------------------------------------------o
|        Stephan Alexander Suerken <suerken@fh-worms.de>          |
| Voice: (+49) (6241) 92566-2                 |       Use         |
| WWW  : http://www.fh-worms.de/~suerken      | Debian GNU/Linux! |
| Debian-related mail: absurd@debian.org      :  www.debian.org.  |
--
Note: When using "reply" with your mail reader, please check that
the mail address matches one of those given above (some mailers