Re: not knowing where to send this.....

Shaleh <shaleh@livenet.net> wrote:
> I just was un-subscribed from debian-user for generating too many
> bounced mails.  I have now problems with my mail.  I have received some
> 400 e-mails in the last day and a half and sent around twenty.  I work
> for the ISP, our mail server is stable.  Otherwise our customers would
> be ripping the doors down (-:  Can someone explain what happened???

The mechanism is broken -- it's unsubscribing the person who
sent the email, rather than the person who was supposed to receive it.

I expect that everyone who has sent email to debian-devel this
weekend will have been unsubscribed.  And, since none of them
will be able to see these messages to the list about the problem,
all will be confused.

Personally, I'm re-subscribing with a different email address from
what I normally use to write email, which should keep this particular
problem from happening to me again...

--
Raul