Intent to package: ras, qvwm, descent

Hello,

I intend to apply as a maintainer (as soon as I find somebody to scan
my passport ;) and package:

- ras (http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/nc/)

Ras is a small utility that adds m extra files to a set of n files,
such that the contents of the n original files can be regenerated from
any n of the n+m original files and extra files. It is useful for
transporting large files with floppies.

It is released under the GPL and would go to slink/main/utils.

The package is fairly easy and nearly finished.

- qvwm (http://www-masuda.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~kourai/qvwm/qvwm-e.html)

Qvwm is a window manager with look and feel similar to Windows 95, but
with the common functions known from fvwm2 like a pager,
SmartPlacement, EdgeResistance etc.

It's license is not quite clear and that would have do be resolved
before the package could be included in Debian. I have contacted the
author about that.

Packaging will be a bit more tricky, since I need to find a solution
for the menu-method.

- Descent (http://www.muppetlabs.com/linux/descent/,
           http://wouters.www.cistron.nl/ggi/ggi-descent.html)

Descent is a commercial 3D game, to which the source has been
released. You still need datafiles from the original game, though; the
situation is similar to quake.

There are currently two ports for Linux, one of them for ggi and one
with multiple display targets; I will wait for the libggi package, I
think, since that is a cleaner solution IMHO.

It would go to slink/non-free/games.

	Falk