Re: Intent to package: debian-keyring

[regarding the "guidelines" vs. "rule" discussion:]

I wrote:
> It's up to you which guidelines you want to follow--but if you want to
> maintain packages for our distribution, you'll have to follow our
> guidelines!

I really meant `rules' here, instead of `guidelines.' (Note, that English
is my 2nd language, so please don't discuss every single word of such
quick messages in too much detail--it's too likely that I haven't found
that best term for something.)

On 20 Apr 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

[snip]
> 	Why do you say that the policy is intractable? Policy did
>  change wrt the ldconfig issue. It could have been faster, but the
>  whole debate was clouded by statements and counter statements for the
>  longest time.

Please let me note, that the `buggy ldconfig policy' is documented in the
Packaging Manual, which I just took over a few days ago.

Also note, that I just sent a proposal of a new `maintainer policy' to
debian-policy. Everyone is invited to take part of the discussion.

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,