Re: base-files etc.

Hi,
>>"Santiago" == Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

Santiago> Well, I'm sure than 99% of people dislike current default
Santiago> bash prompt in /etc/profile. At least we could put the
Santiago> current dir, and maybe that 99% would decrease a lot.

	Only if you truncate the string when it gets too long. There
 is nothing more annoying than to be in a directory deep in the tree
root:/usr/local/src/Work/graphics/png/full_color/logos/Linux/open/.xv/(32):

	See wht I mean? If you must have the path name, arrange to
 chop componenets from the left until you are under a set number of
 characters.

	I have code that does this; email me if you need this.

	manoj
--
 "You say I'm cool, I'm no fool, but then you wind up applying to grad
 school..." Matt Groening