Constitution - formal proposal (v0.7)

Please see
 http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/debian-organisation-0.7.html
 http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/debian-organisation-formal.html
 http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ian/debian-organisation.html
for the latest draft constitution.

If there are no more significant comments and amendents I shall call
for a vote in two weeks [4.2(4), A.2].

I call on Manoj to formally withdraw [A.4, 4.2(5)] his proposed
amendment, as I believe based on public and private email I've
answered all of the concerns it addressed.

I hereby propose and accept an amendment to my motion, for the changes
from 0.6, at ...-0.6.html, to this version.

Changes since 0.6, most significant first:

* "Debian's property" in s.9 (SPI) changed to "Property held in trust
for purposes related to Debian", to avoid possible tax liability and
other legal problems.  This is a significant substantive change !

* Person who calls for a vote must collate motions, amendments, etc.,
though Secretary doesn't have to use their collation.

* Proposer of a resolution can suggest wording changes to amendments,
to take effect if amender agrees as well and no seconders (of the
amendment) object.

* Technical Committee member can't vote on motions to overrule
themselves as a developer, unless they're the Chairman (who only gets
a casting vote anyway).

* Technical Committee has a quorum, of two _including_ the chairman
(who can not otherwise vote, usually, having only a casting vote).

* Section on withdrawing (A.4) is now clearer and (probably) has more
sensible effect.

* `Decision body of last recourse' sentence about SPI clarified.

* Decisionmakers listed in rough order of precedence.  (No substantive
change, though.)

* Typo and numbering fixes.

Ian.
(Please honour the `Reply-To: debian-devel' header.)