Re: fc in the f2c package

  Alan>  The package f2c (fortran-> C) which I mantain contains a script fc
  Alan> which is supposed to make f2c seem like a real compiler.  It was part
  Alan> of the original f2c netlib distribution, but it is very antique and
  Alan> has three bugs currently filed against it (no man page, use of /tmp,
  Alan> name conflict with bash internal).  The second of these is easily
  Alan> fixed (thanks to PMM) but the first and third make me wonder if it
  Alan> should just be removed (and people encouraged to use fort77 which
  Alan> solves the problem in a much more powerful and elegant way).  Any
  Alan> comments?

I'd keep it. 'configure' scripts look for it as it is a plausible name for a
Fortran compiler. Also, it is part of the upstream package.

The 'no manual' page issue is easy if you can spare 30 minutes to write one
up. There is decent documentation in the Man-Page mini-HOWTO or the example
page in /usr/doc/man-db/manpage.example.

As for the bash internal, that's a little trickier ...

--
mailto:edd@debian.org              According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd      43% of all statistics are totally worthless.