Re: packages by FTP

On Fri, Apr 24, 1998 at 10:29:38AM +0200, Julien Ortega wrote:
> I would like to create a ftp site only for the package i want to install
> on a machine (there will be a lot of machine to install so i dont want
> to select every time the wanted packages).
>
> with this i would be able to intall industrialy this distrib.
> my problem is to generate the Packages, Packages.gz and TRANS.TBL files
> in the binary-i386 directory.

Packages (and Package.gz) files are created by the dpkg-scanpackages
utility.

TRANS.TBL is only used for conversion of bloody 8.3 dos names to
real file names used with the RockRidge Extension on iso9660 file
systems (cd-roms).

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/                    There are lies, statistics and benchmarks. /