Re: Making the libc5-libc6 upgrade to be safe (was: netstd...)

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Santiago Vila wrote:

> Please, tell me how much harm does to add a Pre-Depends field on libc6,
> ncurses3.4 and libreadlineg2 for netstd. I can tell you how much
> inconvenience does *not* to add it and then we can make a comparison
> between those two inconveniences.

I've had trouble with this very problem in November when upgrading one of
my machines to hamm (fortunatly, it was not 100kms away ;). Needless to
say I'm in favor of adding this pre-dependency. (pre-)dependencies are
used so it avoids your system to break when you upgrade it, and in this
case the upgrade fails, so a pre-dependence is definatly needed.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -