Re: Who has the dpkg source tree ?

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Ian Jackson wrote:

> It will not have escaped the attention of the Project that dpkg hasn't
> been very well maintained of late.
>
> Klee seems to have dropped out of sight; I presume he's too busy doing
> paid work or something.  I'm currently very busy with the leadership
> role and a couple of other free software programs (userv, about which
> I'll be giving a paper at the Linux Kongress, and sauce - `software
> against unsolicited commercial email', an as yet unreleased SMTP-receiver with some
> totally fascist checking).
>
> I think we need someone to coordinate getting releases out, making
> minor fixes (like the debian-changelog-mode.el thing), etc.

I am willing to do this.  I have already done a cvs co on the source.  I would
just need to have the ability to upload my changes.

> Whoever does this job I'd like them to fix minor and packaging bugs as
> maintainer (rather than non-maintainer) releases.  They'll be
> authorised to close bug reports they have included fixes for or which
> are obviously bogus.  They should accept simple patches to correct
> uncontroversial bugs from anyone, but anything else should be vetted
> by me or Klee, and only Klee or I should close nontrivial `mistaken'
> bug reports.

Doesn't sound too dificult.  I have started getting good as of late regarding
debian/rules et al(I am working on converting egcs debian/rules to debhelper,
without having anything special in the file(requires a few simple patches to
debhelper)).

Adam