Boot system lacks support for RAID

Howdy,

at the moment it's not possible to install Debian on a RAID using the
boot disk sets.  Even as experienced user it's impossible.  The reason
is quite simple, the package mdutils is neither included in section
base and the base system nor is it flagged essential.

Therefore I request its inclusion there.  Comments?

Also at the moment it's not easy to install Linux on a rootfs using
RAID.  It is possible though:

kuolema!joey(ttyp3):~> df
Filesystem         1024-blocks  Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/md0              792800  649380   102455     86%   /
/dev/hda1              15522    2316    12405     16%   /boot
/dev/md1             7366131 4374126  2992005     59%   /home/ftp/debian

I plan to describe my setup so others are able to use it, too.

If the mdutils (or raidtools if we use a >2.1.60 kernel) package will
be included in the boot/base system I'd like to add a section about
RAID / rootfs-raid to the install manual.  Who do I need to contact
for that?

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/ Install joe (Joey's Own Editor)     correct: Joe's Own Editor /