Re: linking problem

> > if i replace -lXpm by /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4 the program links
> > fine. does anybody have any idea what's going on here?
>
> "ld" only looks for libXpm.so, not for libXpm.so.version. In Debian,
> libfoo.so is part of the libfoo-dev package, not of the libfoo package, as
> you need the header files (which are in libfoo-dev) to compile programs
> using libfoo. So it looks like you don't have "xpm4g-dev" installed.

Ray,

I also had a very similar problem with -lXt, the only difference is that I
used altgcc for compilation. Btw, what is the prefered way to use it?
I installed xlib6g, xlib6g-dev, xlib6, altgcc, libc5-altdev packages and
put  in Makefile the following
CC = /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/bin/gcc
LDFLAGS = -L/usr/lib/libc5-compat/
LIBS = -lXt -lXext -lX11
and the line:

$(CC) -o bla *.o $(LDFLAGS) $(LIBS)
gives me the same error: can't load -lXt library...

Thanks.

Alex Y.
--
   _