Re: Anyone want to make a Debian XDM login screen?

Hi.

> Wanted:
> Someone to follow the lead set at http://tr.ml.org/~tom/software/xdm/
> and create a Debian XDM login screen featuring Mr. Blue-Eye or something.
>
> This would be great to have for 2.0, but that's probably not realistic, so
> it would probably go in 2.1.

I just go to this url and I think we could make a pretty login screen without that. The only problem (?) with xdm is that the background where you type your login/password have to be in only one color, no pixmap. Except that fact, I think a login screen with only xdm (+xloadimage) can be really cool.
I am ok to make a great login screen. For graphics, I am not the man. Why not call for graphics from the web site like when we were looking for a logo ?
That's all.

--
Frederic Peters
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.