Re: HTTP mirror list

On Sun, Apr 12, 1998 at 02:00:12AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> I have an updated http mirror list,
> http://www.debian.org/~jgg/mastersoucelist
> Let me know if there are any omissions or errors.

It's a shame we don't/can't have any sought of quality of service
indicator in our mirror listing. Without wishing to speak ill
of or offend the administrator, the mirror at ftp.au.debian.org is unusable
from here. Although on the other side of the country from here,
I can still reach backbone routers over there in 274ms, yet to get
to the first router at the ISP there is over 3000ms. Basically,
despite the name ftp.au.debian.org the mirror is only usable by
customers of that provider.

Connectivity is better during off-peak hours though.

To confuse things further, there's also debian.org.au
(tech-contact is another Australian ISP, admin contact Bruce Perens),
yet ftp.debian.org.au == ftp.debian.org, ie ftp.cc.gatech.edu.

Hamish