Re: dinstall and PGP

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> Can someone hack dinstall to install packages which are not PGP signed
> but has been copied to incoming? If the UID of the files is the one of a
> developer we can know who did upload the package.

Definatly not an option, since people uploading anonymously to chiark
would be able to upload whatever in the distribution since the files
arrive in Incoming/ with IanJ's UID (also hold for other upload queues).

Anyway, I fail to see WHY we should allow non PGP signed packages.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS                 vincent@{waw.com,pipo.com,debian.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:           Pipo:                    WAW:               -