Re: policy about Qmail's Maildir support?

On Thu, Apr 09, 1998 at 01:47:53AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Apr 1998 jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
> > AFAIK there is no DFSG-free MTA that supports Maildir. Therefore I don't
> > think that Maildir support should be obligatory via Debian policy.
>
> Exim does.

In that case I'm in favour of making an addition to Debian policy about
Maildir along the lines of "if a package has support for Maildir, this
should be enabled".

> > I vaguely recall that procmail has some support for it; if that's the
> > case, I think it should be fairly easy to have a "formail" script to
> > convert to mbox or mh format; that could serve as a temporary form of
> > support.
>
> I think debian's procmail package lacks the maildir patch :<

I didn't know it was a patch; if you know the location, please file a bug
about this (wishlist for now, until policy covers Maildir support).

Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would