Re: base-files 1.6 (source all) uploaded to master

Santiago Vila Doncel <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Herbert Xu wrote:

[snip]

> > Indeed, considering the fact that bash is not the only shell that reads
> > /etc/profile.
>
> How many shells [*] do not understand \w as the current directory?

Which ones _do_?  I can only get bash to do so, out of bash, ash, ksh,
zsh, tcsh, zsh emulating sh and zsh emulating ksh.  Not all of them
read /etc/profile, of course.

zsh and tcsh use % where bash uses \.  ksh and zsh emulating ksh and
sh use parameter expansions (e.g. PS1='$PWD>').

"[UNIX] appears to have the inside track on being the replacement for
  CP/M on the largest microcomputers (e.g. those based on 68000...)"