Re: Problems with equivs

Hi,
>>"Darren" == Darren Stalder <torin@daft.com> writes:

Darren> Now, I don't want to install mbr since I want lilo to manage
Darren> my boot-records. I have no reason to use another bm.

	Huh? mbr and LILO coexist on a system. There is no need to
 stop using LILO if you use mbr (I have both). In fact, from the long
 descriion of mbr:

 This is used in booting Linux from the hard disk.
 The MBR runs first, then transfers control to LILO, which transfers
 control to the Linux kernel.

Darren> I also have kernel-headers-2.0.33 installed and don't need
Darren> kernel-headers-2.0.32.

	Those packages are not indentical (in fact, it has been
 demontrated that having the wrong one can hose some compiles). The
 people putting together the libc and kernel packages are not exactly
 all idiots, you know. The dependency has a reason.

Darren> So, how do I use equivs to convince apt-get update that things
Darren> really are fine...

	In cases like this it genrally helps to be correct before
 trying to convince other entities.

	manoj
--
 This indeed is the Way - there is no other - for the purification of
 one's vision. Follow this way. It leads to Mara's confusion. 274