Re: Help! bug system not listening to me

On Tue, Mar 31, 1998 at 12:53:05PM +0200, jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 1998 at 07:48:47PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > I sent Message-ID: <19980328061144.19022@purdue.edu> to
> > control@bugs.debian.org on Sat, 28 Mar 1998 06:11:44 -0500 and it *still*
> > hasn't been processed.  I have, however, been receiving new bugs reports.
> > Is something wrong with the bug system?
>
> It has been processed; see
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/20/20234-b.html#m5
>
> Perhaps you missed the reply from the bugtracking system due to it being
> filtered to a wrong folder?

No (for reasons which will become clear), but I did notice something else.

I later tried "again" (this time successfully) to reassign 20324 to
xdigger, but I've learned what happened to the original message.  I
transposed a couple of digits and reassigned *20234* to xdigger.
D'OH!!!

Astoundingly, these two bugs are practically the same thing.  Both are
complaints that the packages in question (xdigger and xtoolplaces) install
files in /usr/lib/X11 instead of /usr/X11R6/lib, which causes difficulties
with upgrading X (because /usr/lib/X11 is just a symlink).

I will clean up my mess and reassign 20234 to xtoolplaces, which is where
it was in the first place.

My apologies to Sven Rudolph for hijacking his bug and pawning it off onto
Peter Tobias.

I fear the fast approaching days of six-digit bug numbers.

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |  The only way to get rid of a temptation
Purdue University                   |  is to yield to it.