Re: Building glibc 2.0.7 using hamm

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> My mistake. I assumed that the CVS retrieved tree would be identical to
> the tar ball. Thanks for clearing that up. I take this to mean that the
> tarball will already have the info files pre-built?

Sure, like in all other GNU packages.

> Am I correct that when a cvs binary is installed, the config process
> identifies it and configures cvs tests?

This is all again much different.

First, somebody who simply uses the tarball will never ever have any
use for the CVS rules in the Makefiles.  Only if a sources is changed
some rules might trigger.  Then it depends on whether the installer
keeps the sources in a *private* CVS archive or not.  If not, there
are not CVS directories and nothing will happen.  If there is a CVS
directory, it points to her/his own CVS archive and an automatical
checkin is ok.

You miss probably that the CVS files are *not* part of the tarball.

-- Uli