Re: New dependencies report

On Sun, Mar 29, 1998 at 03:32:51AM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:

>    E - make dpkg-perl standard (not extra), the tetex packages need it.

I think extra is definitely wrong, since it's only supposed to be for
packages which conflict with things(?).  Sorry, I'm not quite up on my
policy manual.

I would vote to move both it and tetex to optional, because I use neither
and just because it's a Unix system I don't need/expect it to automatically
have TeX.  Yeesh, it's the 90's, people!  (My sincere apologies to TeX
users... I know it's a great system, but most people don't need it and it
sucks a lot of disk space.)

>    F - make dialdcost extra (not optional), it uses diald which is extra.

I'm not sure diald should be extra either (probably optional) but dialdcost
should probably match.

While I'm here complaining again, why on earth are emacs and emacs20
'standard' and installed automatically?  This drives me nuts, and doesn't give
xemacs a fair shake.  (Actually I don't use emacs at all, but I do like
xemacs better of the two.)

Have fun,

Avery