Re: can't cut and paste with gpm

Dale Scheetz wrote:
  >I have been building a system from hamm.
  >
  >When I first installed gpm the cut and paste didn't work. I could select
  >text ok, but trying to place it with the right button only caused strange
  >selection behavior.
  >
  >I remembered a strange line in the config from when I installed gpm, so I
  >reinstalled it to get another chance to configure it, and wasn't offerend
  >the opportunity to do so.
  >
  >So, I ran gpmconfig manually and recieved the same "strange" line:
  >
  >Do you want to add any additional arguments
  >[-l "a-zA-Z0-9_.:~/\300-\326\330-\366\370-\377"]?
  >
  >What is this all about, and what would be a "reasonable" response to this,
  >asside from <CR>?

man gpm:

	  -l charset
		    Choose the inword()  look  up  table.  The  charset
		    argument  is  a  list  of  characters. - is used to
		    specify a range and \ is used to  escape  the  next
		    character  or to provide octal codes.  Only visible
		    character can appear  in  charset  because  control
		    characters  can't appear in text-mode video memory,
		    whence selection is cut.

So this defines the character set as alphanumerics and the punctuation marks
_ . : ~ and /, together with the ranges 192-214, 216-246 and 248-255 from
the top half of the 8-bit character set.

I can't find any reference in the documentation to inword(), but I guess
that the idea is to identify whether the pointer is in a word or not.