Re: Request for policy advice on X server manpages

On Fri, Mar 27, 1998 at 04:41:36AM -0500, Alex Yukhimets wrote:
> > Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > 4) Changing the X server pages to contain the verbatim contents of
> > > XF86_Accel.man strikes me as wasteful.
> >
> > It's only wastful on installed systems in a very few cases. (Howmany people
> > install more than 1 x server package? Strikes me as the best choice of a bad
> > lot of choices.
>
> Agreed. Though many people install more than one x server, very few people
> istall more than two (like SVGA and VGA16 to have XF86Setup:), but I guess
> VGA16 isn't accelerated.

All right.  That's what I'm going to do, then.  I had a feeling that would
be it.

Anyone who thinks this solution is an abomination in the sight of the Lord
is welcome to file a bug against XFree86 3.3.2-3 whenever I release it.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |
Purdue University                   | Never attribute to malice that which can