Question about bug system

Can someone clarify the following scenario for me?

bug xxx and yyy are merged.

I know that if I reassign, merge, or close one of these, the other will be
automatically handled.

But: If I send mail to xxx-done, will the bug system automatically send a
copy to the submitter of yyy as well?  Or do I have to send mail to the
-done address of all merged bugs when closing it?

If no one can answer this with certainty (I've checked the bug information
pages, but I don't think this scenario is properly addressed).

--
G. Branden Robinson                 |
Purdue University                   |  If encryption is outlawed, only outlaws